- Our Work
- Hire Developer
- Hire Web developer
- Hire Front End Developer
- Hire Mobile application development
- Hire UI/UX developer
- Digital Marketing Services
- About us
- Contact Us
- Free Quote
Ten PHP Tips for the Beginner Programmer/Developer!
Coding in PHP is always fun as its coding structure and style highly influenced by ‘C’. If you are a programmer or coder then you must know about ‘C’ which is in most the cases, first programming language, so syntax in PHP coding you always find very familiar. For programming lover, coding in PHP, always like ‘Code is Poetry’ for many cases :). In this article, we are going to cover 10 tips for Core PHP, which might be helpful to your daily basis programming. It’s assumed that you know the basics of the PHP.
1. Use of Trim() functionality:
One should always use trim() functionality before saving or updating code and also while stringing comparison. Trim() functionality truncate white spaces from the input from beginning and end. So it always saves the correct value which is free from white space.
2. Avoid of ‘echo’ function by shortcut:
You can use an equal operator to avoid writing the full ‘echo’ function.
<? Echo "hello";?>
Is same as
You need careful with spacing while using an equal operator.
3. Some time spacing at the starting of ending PHP Tag may create an issue:
One of a weird problem I faced working in PHP is some server configuration will not allow you and throwing an unknown error in case there will be space at the starting and end of the file before starting
<? (PHP tag) And after ?>
One should need to be careful no space should be there before starting of PHP tag and after ending of PHP tag.
4. You can avoid PHP word in the tag:
It’s not required to write PHP in the starting tag in coding if your server is greater or equal to 7.0
<?php ?> is equivalent to <? ?>.
If your server configuration is lower or equal to 5.4.0 then one should enable to short_open_tag on to leverage the shortcode syntax.
5. File uploading time following parameters must need to check:
- When you are uploading files, you need to make sure the following thing should be taken care of before execute your code.
- Permission issue: You need to make sure the directory where the file is going to upload should have write permission.
- You need to set up the upload_tmp_dir,upload_max_size,max_file_upload and upload_max_filesize need to set up in phpini.
- Your form should have encrypted type equals to “multipart/form-data” and the form method should be POST.
6. When passing data from one page to another page, the POST method is better than the GET:
It’s always recommended to use the POST instead of the GET while passing form data to another page. POST is most secured compared to GET. Through the POST you can pass data in GB (depend on a web browser) while GET you can pass only in KB.
7. Powerful functionality for debugging:error_reproting:
error_reporting is a very powerful functionality for debugging. You can check errors, notices, and warnings by enabling this.
8. Use of operators, regular expressions to make coding efficient:
Use of operators like ‘Ternary Operator’ and regular expression, you will able to code shorten. It will look neater and more effective.
9. Use of print_r() for debugging array:
Using Print_r() function is very effective in debugging if you are using an array of objects.
10. Powerful use of PHP version functionality
PHP version is very powerful when you want to check all configuration about PHP and server environment.