- Our Work
- Hire Developer
- Hire Web developer
- Hire Front End Developer
- Hire Mobile application development
- Hire UI/UX developer
- Digital Marketing Services
- About us
- Contact Us
- Free Quote
What is WordPress – Multi Website?
What is Multisite ?
WordPress – Multi Website has unique feature that allows its users to create a “Network” subsites within single installation of wordpress. Users can use sub-domains of same root domain, with in the same network.
Use of multisite makes available of “Super Admin” feature, which enables the super admin to access the primary sites as well as subistes. Individual sites will have their own users, plugins, and themes enabled for them.However, all subsites in the multisite share same database with individual tables and others. Multisites use same set of themes & plugins with in the same Wp – content folder. The best advantage of the multisite is, Applis same task to multistes also ex . Theme or plugin update.
Advantages of using Multisite are:
- One of the best advantage of multisite is, all subsites shares the core functions like themes, plugins and other core files. So adaptation will happen at single time with simple efforts instead of login to each site for updation.
- Super admin can manage all subdomains with central dashboard of root domain
- Multisite saves the time & efforts in managing the all domains at once instead of single
- Applying any security measures will apply to all entire network
- Single database for entire network
Drawbacks of Multisite are as follows:
- Firstly, managing multiple unrelated websites is little bit difficult
- Secondly, there is no clarity with requirement for multi website
- If Website requires customization, then multi website is major drawback because its difficult to manage
- Even it won’t be a good option in case of personal level plan
- Good Hosting is must to load multi sites
How to enable WordPress – multi website network
There are many links available, to explain the process of enabling the multisite network in WordPress, but most preferable one and two. First thing you need to do is, install WordPress. After that connect to your website using an FTP client like FileZilla. Edit the file wp-config.php, apart from above, managing network & its settings all is explained in the link.
As you can see, multisite is a great tool for web applications having multiple services instead of having individual websites. It will save lot of time and money. We at Cyblance have experience in building multiple web apps and can provide you the best development team, QA engineers, and project managers to make your application successful & unique on the market.