- Our Work
- Web development
- Front End development
- Mobile application development
- UI/UX development
- About us
- Contact Us
- Free Quote
How to Create Chat Mobile Application in Android or iOS?
How to Create a Chat Mobile Application in Android or iOS?
Instant messaging apps have gained massive popularity over the years. And these apps become a fabulous way to stay associated with your friends and relatives, and also emerged as a convenient tool for several big and small organizations in streamlining communication with their teams and customers. Now, you too can create a chat app for free with Appy Pie’s Android and iOS messenger app maker. The instant messaging app will allow your app users to chat, create groups, and send unlimited texts, images, and videos in the group or individually.
Here is a comprehensive checklist of features & functionalities for you to go through before building an instant messaging application yourself:
- Register: To use the app, users can directly register themselves by inserting their details (country code, mobile number)
- Favorite: Just like WhatsApp, users here too are provided with the option of adding certain friends to their favorites
- Search Users: Users can search for their friends, groups for specific texts in the app
- Status: Users can click photos add can add texts and videos to the status that will disappear after 24 hours
- Web services: users can connect to the web service on Desktop, or laptop by scanning the QR code
- Sharing Options: Apart from chat, users can share, images, videos, contacts, location, and voice notes using the app
- Group Chat: Users can chat with many people in the group at the same time. They can choose the members to share media with group members.
- Voice Calling: Users can use the enclosed feature of voice calling simply like other apps and can view the call history in descending date order, for example, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Viber, etc.
- Video Calling: Users can use this app to make video calls as well
- Presence Management: Users can view other users who are online and their last seen time along with date and time. And these can be customized as per user preferences.
- Profile: Users can create their own profile where they can add their details and a profile picture
- Status: Users can upload new status on their profile which is visible to the other users as well
Benefits of Creating Instant Messaging Apps for Businesses
With your instant messaging app, you can not only streamline the communication within your organization, but you can also assign tasks individually or to a group and chat with your customers on the fly. Here are some great reasons why you should create your own messenger app for your business.
Saves Time and Money
An instant messaging app eliminates the need of making long-distance calls to a great extent by providing your team members and clients to do voice or video calls with just one tap at quite low costs. This helps in saving time by letting us stay in touch with team members and clients from anywhere, at any time.
Improves Employee Relations
Be it presenting multiple issues, or discussing a topic, with an instant messaging app, your representatives will find it easier to interact with each other and give their views, thus establishing better relations among themselves. Moreover, the app can also work wonders in helping your HR department share the latest company announcement and other messages with the employees in a simple manner.
Keeps Things Organized
The instant messaging app can execute your job management simpler, and help you to have a track of workflow even when you are outside the office. In extension, you can also use your app for allocating critical tasks to team members instantly and get them done with the given deadline.
Establishes Smooth Communication with Customers
Yes, the instant messaging app can also prove to be a game-changer in maintaining the interests of potential customers and seeking the attention of new customers. With the app, you can associate with customers 24/7, obtain their feedback, and solve their queries immediately, no matter wherever you are.
How to Make a Chat App in 3 Easy Steps?
- Select a design for your instant messaging app
- Improve its look and feel to your liking.
- Drag and Drop your desired features
- Create a chat app like WhatsApp in a matter of minutes.
- Publish your app on Google Play and iTunes
- Share your chat or instant messaging app with the world.
Benefits of Instant Messaging Apps for Personal Use
Not only for businesses, but instant messaging apps are also more famous for regularly connecting with family, relatives, and friends. With Appy Pie chat room and messenger app builder, you can create your own personal instant messaging app, and make chatting fun with your family members and friends. The instant messaging app created with our app creator has the following features and capabilities:
- Allows users to create their profile and chat with friends in their contact list
- Gives one-touch access to video and voice call
- Allows users to chat in groups
- Allows users to share images, videos, files, gifs, etc.
- Allows users to manage their online presence
- Allows users to update profile status
- Allows users to search their friends
The two main types of connections used in chat apps are HTTP + Push Notifications and Extensive Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) protocols. HTTP + Push Notifications are used more for file sharing apps like Instagram, thereby when you drop a comment the user gets a push notification, and if the app is reopened it then connects to the app’s server, but it’s great to have a push notifications default built-in app so users are capable to get notifications of new messages.
Erlang: This is the foremost programming language on which the popular chat apps Whatsapp and WeChat are. It’s a general-purpose, garbage collector program that enables instant messaging apps to be so useful and intuitive to their user’s needs. Your server may be built from Erlang, but PHP and Java are also great alternative choices.
YAWS: Control your multimedia with YAWS, a great fulfillment web server formed for apps with high loads of dynamic content streaming in and out.
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Servers: Having an XMPP server eliminates the necessity for various client servers for information interchange, enabling the app to scan the user’s contact book to build a contact list useable within your app. It’s the standardized form of Jabber, an open standard-based protocol that’s been used to create Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp.
Mnesia DB: This is the database that will enable you to store messages, files, images, documents, and the rest of the multimedia files that will be running through your app. It’s vital to have a database like this, and Mnesia DB goes above and beyond your need by being able to store any amount of data.