- Our Work
- Hire Developer
- Hire Web developer
- Hire Front End Developer
- Hire Mobile application development
- Hire UI/UX developer
- Digital Marketing Services
- About us
- Contact Us
- Free Quote
Hows Polestar 2 Is Going to Be a Game Player of the Automobile Industry?
Technological advances pushing each and every industry like E-commerce, travel and automotive industry rapidly. We already discussed e-Commerce and travel in our previous articles. Here, in these articles, we will discuss polestar 2, what is new in the infotainment system and why major giants like Volvo, Audi, tie up with Google in developing polestar 2. Polestar 2 is a more advanced version that is coming with android infotainment.
Few facts about Polestar 2.
- Polestar 2 is the first car to have Google’s new Android Automotive OS infotainment system.
- It comes with many Google apps (Maps and Assistant) and features as standard.
- The second car from Volvo’s new electrified brand and is a competitor for the Tesla Model 3.
Polestar 2 – boasts an electric range in excess of 300 miles with starting price in the UK around the £40k barrier. Was that the sound of EVs becoming a little more enticing? The manufacturer-tweaked versions of Google’s operating system will power the cars’ main touchscreen displays, as well as the digital dashboards behind the steering wheel.
Google incorporating the Assistant & Maps and integrations which are already available on Android Auto. but for now, Android will control the basic functions like heating and cooling, seat position, or opening and closing the windows. Volvo announced they are planning to bring new models with Android within two years, while Audi will show its version off in the new Audi Q8 Sport concept.
What’s more interesting is the new version of Google’s HMI running on the Polestar 2’s dash. It’s one of the first cars to use the system, and at Google’s I/O conference, Polestar revealed it’s opening the space to developers. It’s just a challenge for developers for now, but Polestar believes it’ll end up advancing the infotainment space.
‘The Android platform which we have introduced in Polestar 2 has so much potential for innovation that we immediately identified the chance to engage with the developer community,’ said CEO Thomas Ingenlath. ‘Together with Google, our own digital team has created an exciting interface in the car, and we know that this system will enable great opportunities. We look forward to exciting new ideas that could make the digital experience in Polestar 2 even better.’
The specifications of the vehicle are.
- 275-mile range;
- Dual motors, 78kWh battery;
- 408 horsepower and 487-foot-pounds of torque;
- Zero to 60 in about 4.7 seconds;
- Basic version starts from $40,000, $63,000 “launch edition” or performance version;
- The Performance Pack comes with Öhlins dampers and Brembo brakes.
- Production begins in 2020;
- Co-pilot, Volvo’s safety, and collision mitigation use autonomous assist, front radar, windshield-mounted camera, and two rear radar units.
- Automatic pre-breaking, steering support and incrementally tightening seat belts.