- Our Work
- Hire Developer
- Hire Web developer
- Hire Front End Developer
- Hire Mobile application development
- Hire UI/UX developer
- Digital Marketing Services
- About us
- Contact Us
- Free Quote
All possible reasons why your iOS application may rejected by the Apple store
All possible reasons why your iOS application may be rejected by Apple store.
Let us focus on all the possible reasons of why your ios app may be rejected by Apple store. Once the development and testing of the app is completed, the only focus left is how to reach the target audience by publishing the app in the (ios store) marketplace. You have already spent months of development & time for testing the app before the launch. Unknowingly sometimes developers forget to focus on certain obstacles to cross before their apps make way to the App Store and earn accolades. Recent statistics say that the average number of submission of app for approval every day is between 2400-2700. Sources say that the review process for any ioS app takes 24-48 hours. But depending on the app it may exceed some time.
In the case of app rejection, Apple resolution team mentions or provides the reason why it got rejected. The best way to avoid this, look into app code yourself and make sure it obeys all development guidelines. Mostly one or more of the following are the reasons for the app rejection.
- Incomplete information of the app can lead to rejection. One should not forget to submit the proper and valid information about the app in the App Review Information section of the App Store. Some features require a sign in, so please provide the demo account with username and password. Mention any special configurations that app has. And also make sure your contact information is accurate and are able to reach out in any case. Apart from the contact details be sure following are not missed in the information which you submitted
- The title, description, and other details about the app
- Categorization information
- Demo video about hardware if there’s something
Make sure your app doesn’t have any bugs & crashes. Thoroughly test the app on devices using the latest software and fix all bugs.
- Broken links are one of the major reasons for app rejections. You can fix the broken links by testing each page links. So please talk a walk through all pages and links before submitting the app for review.
- Inaccurate Screenshots can cause rejection as user may not be able to relate the app with what is required. App Store screenshots should certainly give your app’s content and functionality. In order to highlight your app’s user experience do not overlay text and images. Focus on app UI and make sure product images matches the corresponding device type in App Store Connect. These assists users to recognize your app in the store.
- Misleading Users by showing something else can reject your app. Make sure your app perform or work as stated and should not give any false impression about something not related to the customers or user. The app must deliver the functionality for what it is meant fo
- Usage of Private API might lead to rejection of the app
- Performance plays an important role when it comes to accpetance of an app. Performance is one of the key factors that influence the suceess of an app. Weak performance of an app might lead to rejections, so take necessary actions
- If your app is all about web clippings, an aggregation of content or links, or you use Apple’s functionality and information will be rejected by the App Store.
- If you are using the third party libraries especially API’s, make sure you’re updated to the latest versions and API’s are public. Detection of private API’s definitely leads to the rejection of the app.
- Whole app development must adhere to the Apple development guidelines.
- Duplicated submissions
Do not submit similar apps for review repeatedly. Apple suggests you combine all of them into one. Also, your app shouldn’t look like a replicate of living successful apps. Even if you’re going for an old idea, Improved user experience should be offered as a fresh function or design.
Before you submit the application to review you need to fill a lot of details about the app such a clear description, copyright, categories, screenshots, keywords, etc. To minimize or avoid review delay, make sure you have researched the fields that you will fill out before.